The purpose of this role is to contribute to the IA regional internal audit and risk management activities that support the achievement of Chanel’s business objectives in all of its Asia Pacific locations (covering Japan region and APAC region). ). The responsibilities include the planning and execution of compliance, operational, financial, and information technology-related audits as well as managing special projects and ad-hoc assignments upon determination. He/she will be a working manager who is capable of both managing and performing internal audit reviews across different markets and functions to identify business risks and improvement opportunities. In addition to technical competence, he/she is equipped with a strong communication and business acumen to be able demonstrating proactive relationship management skill and is acted as a crucial business partner to our key stakeholders and senior management in Japan region and APAC region.
• Plan and lead regional audit projects in accordance with the annual Global audit plan and work closely with the Regional Head of Internal Audit, acting as a strong team member and support the overall IA function development and enhancement as part of the continuous efforts covering Japan region and APAC region. Contribute as an added-value business partner to be connected with business end to end process, risks, and controls, providing insight and area of focus for the organization.
• Audit engagement execution and audit cycle management:
- Perform proper audit planning for corporate, operational (including boutiques) audits including:
o Determination of the appropriate audit scope and objectives
o Identification of process, operational, and technology risks/issues to be incorporated into planned audit procedures
o Determination of the audit time and requirement to execute audit objectives and address issues with local / regional management teams
o Anticipate in advance of fieldwork execution plan and preparations required to ensure timely completion of audits
- Manage all aspects of audit work including data analytics, interviews with key stakeholders, documentation of process flows and risk & control matrices, root cause analyses and development of tailored audit procedures and performance of audit testing.
- Evaluate the overall results of audit work and assess the significance of issues identified.
- Provide quality of audit report writing to accurately and concisely document audit findings with appropriate remedial recommendations in the audit reports.
- Conduct effective closing meetings with senior management and ensure audit project is managed on a timely basis.
• Act as an expert to provide independent advice when it comes to internal control and risk toward processes and organization.
• Provide ad-hoc supports to business related projects and conduct IA special review to actively support the executive leadership teams within the markets and/or regional level.
• Global, regional, and local management and staff
|Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA, CIA, or Chartered Accountancy (CA) qualification is required while MBA, CISA and/or Certified Forensic Examiner (CFE) is a plus.
- At least 15 years of meaningful experience in Business Operations, Compliance, Financial and/or Integrated audits (internal and/or external). Retail background is desirable (other industries such as FMCG, Pharma, semi-conductors are also welcome).
- Minimum of 7 years of managerial and/or project managing experience.
- Proficiency/fluency in English and Japanese is required (both verbal and written communication). Extra languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, other Asian languages are plus.
- Strong risk mindset and internal control understanding with analytical and quantitative skills and experienced with data analysis; Robotics automation experience is a plus.
- Excellent soft and communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas in simple terms
- Solid experience in project management and time allocation / prioritization.
- Ability to problem-solve with minimal guidance and a mindset oriented to continuous improvement.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of retail processes and systems.
- A proven team player who is curious, proactive, take initiatives, and open to innovation.
- Travel of approximately 35-45%, mainly around Asia Pacific locations, but also internationally is expected.
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid leave, New Year's vacation, sick leave, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave, funded leave.